Homeschool families can supplement their curriculum with Gravitas's academic and character formation programs.
- Intellectually stimulating online classes - Gravitas has a full course catalog for students in grades 5-12 featuring core classes, advanced classes, Passion Academy coursesPassion Academies in areas like technology, entrepreneurship, the arts, and global leadership. Join other students for academic competitions like Ethics Bowl, coding competitions, or International Space Station Research.
- Global community – Connect your homeschooled child with classmates from around the world. Gravitas serves students from five continents and twenty countries.
- Daily character formation program – Grow in wisdom and virtue as a whole family by subscribing to the Gravitas daily character formation program, which provides a short lesson on a virtue or vice, a challenge drawn from the rich tradition of Christian spiritual disciplines, and an opportunity to self-reflect and participate in discussions on the lessons with like-minded participants online.
- Start a Gravitas Homeschool Co-op – Connect with other homeschooling families in your region to launch a Gravitas homeschool cooperative.
- Live and asynchronous options - The core of Gravitas is live instruction, but we make our courses available asynchronously to homeschool families who want access to recordings of class, curriculum, and assignments.
Tuition varies by program and mode of instruction. Rates reflect the 2023-2024 rates and are subject to change. Need-based financial aid is available to qualifying families.
Live Instruction Programs
- Full-time with live instruction - $16,800
- Year-long equivalent (1 credit) individual courses with live instruction - $3,100.
Asynchronous Instruction Programs
Students access recordings of class and submit their assignments for grading by a teacher. Asynchronous courses are not eligible for Stony Brook School transcripts or diplomas, but we will issue grade reports for homeschooling families.
- Full-time asynchronous - $8,400
- Part-Time asynchronous - $1,550
Parent and Student Access to Course Materials and Recordings
Families can gain access to our course materials and recorded classes for their own use at home without instructor feedback or support.
- $400 per student per 1 credit course
- $200 per 1/2 credit course
- One year of access to the Gravitas Character Formation Program - $60