In an ever-changing educational landscape, we recognize that an independent school education is a serious financial investment. As a Christian institution, we believe that our diverse community of students deserves to reap every benefit of a Stony Brook education no matter where they stand socioeconomically. With 38% of our student body receiving over $3.7 million in financial aid for the 2020-2021 school year, our office is committed to making Gravitas the right fit for your family.
The Stony Brook School and Gravitas work with Tuition Aid Data Service (TADS) to process all financial aid applications. Here is a worksheet to help you prepare to complete the TADS financial aid application. Follow these steps to apply for aid:
Step 1: Visit myTads.com
Step 2: Create an Account/Login
Step 3: Complete the Financial Aid Assessment
- Click the "Financial Aid Assessment" link.
- Select our school name is: The Stony Brook School, Stony Brook, NY.
- Follow the steps to submit your financial aid application and upload the required documents.
- Stay connected to TADS throughout the application process via email.
- Pay TADS $34 application fee for the 2021–2022 school year.
- The deadline for completing the TADS online application for admission is due one month prior to the start of a given intensive session. For session 1, 2021-2022, that date is August 6, 2021.
- Financial aid decision letters are included with Offer of Admission letters.
- Following your Offer of Admission letter, TADS will email you instructions to complete the online enrollment process.
- Tuition billing and payment information is also required. Any tuition assistance award will be reflected in your tuition billing account.